We’ve continued to grow from strength to strength in the past couple of years, we now have close to 40% of all Tesla owners in the UK within our discussion groups and accessing our website each week.
Obviously, lots of companies would love to actively promote to our members but we think it’s important that we as a group decide who should be on an approved supplier list so we can contact those companies instead of those companies trying to contact us, this ensures our community remains rich of useful content and not full of adverts and spam.
Requirements to be listed:
- A dedicated vehicle charging port (e.g. Commando 32A, Type 2 or faster) at your holiday home – A 3 pin 13amp standard plug does not count and will be rejected
- You’re the owner of the property or have the approval of the owner to list it
- Any holiday home found to be attempting to exploit the good nature of our discussion group and directory will be removed with immediate effect.
Benefits of listing your holiday home with Tesla Owners UK
- One introduction post about your holiday home on the largest UK Tesla Owners Facebook Discussion Group
- Easily found on our website which is seen by over 300,000 unique visitors per year
- No need for you to spam social media in your spare time
- Moderation support – Should a negative post about your holiday home go live the moderator team will do their best to inform you of this so you can act quickly.
- Moderators support – We will push your holiday home directly to interested owners, e.g. if someone asks for help with finding a suitable supplier the moderator team will push the directory category that your business is listed on.
- Access to the supplier discussion group where you can talk directly with Tesla owners.
- The knowledge you’re helping to fund/support Tesla Owners UK & its yearly costs (i.e. event flags, insurance, accounting, website hosting etc).
How do I get listed?
- Become a holiday home supporter or a standard supporter (if you own a Tesla) – If you’ve already done this jump to step 2
- Ensure you have at least 2 photographs of your property including one which shows the charging facilities (that meet the requirements above).
- Log in to your account and add your directory listing (select option 3 or option 1 if you wish to feature it)
- Ensuring you add details of the chargers, local amenities, links to your social media/website etc.
- Await for approval
How do I get more exposure to Tesla owners?
Once you’ve become a supporter of the group we give you the option to upgrade your listing to a ‘Featured listing’. This offers various perks that will increase your exposure.
How do I amend a listing?
- Become a holiday home supporter
- Log in to your account, go to the directory and find your listing
- Press ‘Claim your listing’ (small additional fee)
- Enter your details
- Select whether you want to buy a ‘featured listing’ package or simply ‘Claim and modify your listing’
- Amend your listing as required
Note: If your listing change is due to an error by the person originally adding it to the directory please contact a moderator to amend your listing FOC.
What happens to the money?
It will be used to grow the group or put on other social Tesla Owners UK events as per our primary goals, nobody is profiting from the supporters. We’ve recently placed an order for 4 large event flags, an event gazebo is the next purchase and we will continue to use supporter money to hit our goals & help fund future costs.
In short, no money will be sat wasted and the more paid supporters we get the more items we can consider for future welcome packs, if we have a very healthy uptake we may be able to reduce the yearly supporter fees and/or offer extra benefits including free CHAdeMO adapter rental. We’re open to your suggestions.
The suggested supporter fees are in line with other groups in Europe.
Are the President & moderators sat on a beach watching the money just roll in?
I wish! We’re currently all unpaid volunteers that have other day jobs, Tesla is our passion but we’ve spent a lot of time and our own money creating these welcome packs, this website and formalising the group to ensure the group as a whole can continue to grow and thrive. As I’m sure you can imagine a lot happens behind the scenes to keep the group running smoothly. We hope you support us with our mission by purchasing a welcome pack & becoming a yearly supporter.
On a serious note, all expenditure is accounted for and once the board of directors is approved our yearly expenditure will be viewable to all paid supporters. All directors will pay the same supporter fees & a strict expenses policy will be in place to ensure we cannot waste supporter money on frivolous expenditure.
In the unlikely event, the Limited company cannot continue for any reason any monies owed will be paid and the rest will be donated to a suitable road safety charity.
Why doesn’t Tesla fund this?
In short, it’s not something they’re willing to offer and I’m not sure we would accept it even if they did offer, by being self-funding it ensures that we continue to be independent which I believe is vital.
Do you store my debit/credit card details?
No debit/credit card information is ever stored on our servers. We use Stripe.com, one of the most secure and reputable payment processors available. All card numbers are encrypted on disk with AES-256 and decryption keys are stored on separate machines. None of Stripe’s internal servers and daemons are able to obtain plaintext card numbers; instead, they can just request that cards be sent to a service provider on a static whitelist.
Stripe’s infrastructure for storing, decrypting, and transmitting card numbers runs in separate hosting infrastructure and doesn’t share any credentials with Stripe’s primary services (API, website, etc.) For more information, you can visit Stripe’s security policy right here!
In other words, your debit/credit card details are safe!