- This location is very tricky to actually visit, best avoided unless you need the charge.
- Drive to the hotel entrance using the small road beside the start of tower bridge, take ticket from barrier (watch front off side wheel on barrier island) charger is in the underground car park, very tight. Ticket for exit can be validated at reception
- This car park entrance & exit is VERY tight in an X but achievable
- Can be ICE’D
- DO NOT follow the sat nav directions around St Katherines Dock – you should turn as if you are going over Tower Bridge and cut immediately left across the oncoming traffic lane coming up St Katherines Way – the oncoming traffic should wait at a give-way. It’s far from obvious, I went the wrong way and had to negotiate bollards over a small bridge that had 1.5cm clearance either side of the car – stressful…. Would not have gotten through without my wife and son guiding me carefully.
- Take your ticket to reception and they swap it for a free one time use parking ticket.
- Be careful on way down to the garage as well its a bit tight – I took a wonder down there – on foot – as my office is right across the hotel on the other side of the water – it’s a windy section down to garage – kerb is calling out to the alloys….
Approach as if you were to cross the bridge southbound.
Just after the lights on the approach to the bridge is a small exit that takes you down alongside the bridge approach. Enter the hotel car park by driving straight not following the road to the left. Take a ticket.
Follow the hotel car park road round past reception and as you approach the exit barrier you can see the down ramp on your right.
Lower your right hand mirror so you can see the rear-right wheel (or just look out the window). Drive down the ramp keeping the right-rear wheel as close to the kerb as possible. No need to worry about the front-left wheel if you do this.
The two superchargers are obvious to your right however getting into them can be a bit tricky, especially the second bay.
If the bays are iced, drive through to the next part of the car park where there is more space to turn around then drive back the way you came (against the flow). Your charge port is now on the correct side and you can park across the front of the offending idiot and plug in.
If you stay less than 30 min then just drive out with the same ticket you were issued.
Longer than 30 min either go to reception and explain you are using the Tesla supercharger so they give you a special exit ticket or just press the intercom on the exit barrier and hope they let you out!
Use the same process for getting out of the car park on the up ramp. Lower your left mirror and keep your rear-left wheel as close to the kerb as possible. The front-right will be fine.
There is food and drink in the hotel obviously but if you just want cheap snacks there is a Tesco express right next door (you drove past it on the way in).
London Tower, UK St. Katharines Way London E1W 1LD United Kingdom