We’re committed to advancing Tesla’s mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy whilst also pushing Tesla to improve, change and react to our needs by empowering our members through active discussions, problem-solving and social events. We’re growing very fast now, with an average of 20-40 new confirmed owners joining per day!
Our primary goals are:
- To gather all UK owners & reservation holders of Tesla products under one roof for easy discussions, problem-solving and social events (TOGUK will always remain confirmed owners only)
- To create & maintain a knowledge base of information for current & future Tesla owners.
- To maintain the approved supplier directory so owners can quickly find a suitable well-reviewed company to help them with their needs.
- To promote the uptake of electric vehicles in the UK and Europe.
- To promote good & safe charging practices on a local and national level
- To organise exclusive benefits for supporters.
Access to our discussion groups remains free and always will do, however, we now have various member/supporter packages that offer numerous additional benefits above the standard discussion groups, benefits include:
- A professionally designed and UK printed welcome pack
- Renewal packs each year containing exclusive gifts (coming soon)
- Direct communication (via the elected officers and president) to Tesla to submit comments and suggestions on your behalf
- Exclusive discounts from key partners such as Tesla.com, SmartWater, IAM Roadsmart, Abstract Ocean, PPProtect and many more. Full list of discounts.
- The ability to buy Tesla Owners UK clothing from our website
- Voting privileges on how the community is run
- The knowledge you’re helping to fund/support the community & its yearly costs
- Discounted entry to selected Tesla Owners UK events
- The knowledge you’re directly supporting our charity efforts
- Invitations and priority access to events, meetups and shows
- Access to rent EU Charging Cables and CHAdeMO adapters (at below cost prices)
- Discounted entry to Tesla Owners UK events
- Free snacks, canapes and drinks at events
- A national platform for lobbying on matters relevant to electric vehicles and Tesla Owners
- Receive our Monthly Email newsletter
- The ability to submit reviews of your favourite suppliers as a thank you to them
- Ability to stand for election and also help to run this community
- Access to a well moderated and useful discussion community
- Access to Tesla premises (and Tesla personnel on occasion) for events
- Free snacks, canapes and drinks at events
How do I become a paid supporter?
We have numerous supporter options including:
- Annual Paid Supporter (for confirmed Tesla Owners Only)
- Signature Supporters (for confirmed Tesla Owners Only)
- Holiday Home Supporters (included with the above)
- Supplier Supporters (for Tesla related products/services)
Follow the instructions on the above links to become a paid supporter. These are subscriptions which will renew each year on the anniversary of purchase, however, you can amend or cancel your subscription at any point from your account. The suggested supporter fee is £50 a year.
What happens to the leftover money?
It will be used to grow the group or put on other social Tesla Owners UK events as per our primary goals above, nobody is profiting from the supporters.
In short, no money will be sat wasted and the more paid supporters we get the more items we can consider for future welcome packs.
The suggested supporter fees are in line with other groups in Europe.
Are the President & moderators sat on a beach watching the money just roll in?
I wish! We’re currently all unpaid volunteers that have other day jobs, Tesla is our passion but we’ve spent a lot of time and our own money creating these welcome packs, this website and formalising the group to ensure the group as a whole can continue to grow and thrive. As I’m sure you can imagine a lot happens behind the scenes to keep the group running smoothly. We hope you support us with our mission by purchasing a welcome pack & becoming a yearly supporter.
On a serious note, all expenditure is accounted for and once the board of directors is approved our yearly expenditure will be viewable to all paid supporters. All directors will pay the same supporter fees & a strict expenses policy will be in place to ensure we cannot waste supporter money on frivolous expenditure.
In the unlikely event, the Limited company cannot continue for any reason any monies owed will be paid and the rest will be donated to a suitable road safety charity.
Will I still get access to the discussion groups if I don’t pay?
Yes, the discussion groups will remain the same regardless of whether you’re a supporter or not, however, if you find them useful we would appreciate your support.
Why doesn’t Tesla fund this?
In short, it’s not something they’re willing to offer and I’m not sure we would accept it even if they did offer, by being self-funding it ensures that we continue to be independent which I believe is vital.
My partner, spouse &/or children would like a name badge do we have to buy multiple packs?
You can do but I’d recommend you buy one supporter pack and once you’ve completed payment then go to secondary/replacement name badges and purchase one or more of these as required.
Do you store my debit/credit card details?
No debit/credit card information is ever stored on our servers. We use Stripe.com, one of the most secure and reputable payment processors available. All card numbers are encrypted on disk with AES-256 and decryption keys are stored on separate machines. None of Stripe’s internal servers and daemons are able to obtain plaintext card numbers; instead, they can just request that cards be sent to a service provider on a static whitelist.
Stripe’s infrastructure for storing, decrypting, and transmitting card numbers runs in separate hosting infrastructure and doesn’t share any credentials with Stripe’s primary services (API, website, etc.) For more information, you can visit Stripe’s security policy right here!
In other words, your debit/credit card details are safe!
I don’t want a welcome pack &/or don’t want to sign up to a yearly subscription, is there an alternative?
Sure, we’ve got the limited edition signature supporter package which is a fixed one off payment for 3 years of access. Pay what you want for it and don’t worry about it for 3 years.
I want to support the group but the price is too high/expensive
Please remember we work hard to get exclusive discounts for our supporters and we hope you should be able to recoup some of your money back straight after joining.
You can also amend and cancel your subscription at any point, so in the very worst case you would be paying £35 for 1 year, we hope you continue after the first year but that option is available.
However, we do understand that not everyone is comfortable paying £35-£50 a year so we can offer a discounted signature supporter rate of £30 per year if you pre-pay for 3 years of access which grants you to exclusive discounts and other perks. Lower the amount before adding to checkout.
When will I get my pack?
This depends, we do print runs roughly every 3 months as this helps to keep costs down, so you will get yours as soon as it’s ready. We could offer weekly prints but we’re all volunteers so I’m reluctant to down tools every week to pack up welcome packs. If there is a large event upcoming we will do our best to get packs ready for these.
Can I purchase in person?
Currently, we’re only accepting orders via our online shop. Due to personalisation of various items within the packs, we will not be selling welcome packs on any event day. If you’re not attending an upcoming event you can pay £2 extra to have your welcome pack sent via post.
If you require a second name badge (for partner/spouse/children etc) please purchase the above pack and then after payment purchase an additional badge and lanyard from this link.