The term ‘Tesla Owners UK Limited’ or ‘Tesla Owners UK’ or ‘Tesla Owners Group UK’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Oaklands, St Clere Hill Road, Sevenoaks, TN15 6AH
The content on the site is not administered, controlled or created by Tesla. All content has been created by confirmed UK owners of the Roadster, Model S, Model X, or Model 3 cars.
All logos and relevant artwork are owned by Tesla, Inc.
TESLA, TESLA MOTORS, TESLA ROADSTER, MODEL S, MODEL X, Powerwall, Model 3 and the “TESLA,” “T” and “TESLA and T in Crest” designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
This group & its president Will Fealey have been officially recognised by Tesla as a confirmed owners group. Other owners’ groups charge a fee to gain access to far less information than our group provides but we believe it’s only right that all owners can access the majority of our information for free, however, we do ask that if you enjoy being a member you may wish to consider helping us out by buying a yearly members subscription pack from our shop.
Our company registration number is registered in London under Company number 12049084. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- To the best of our knowledge all guides on our website are correct and factual, however, neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- It is your responsibility to contact the manufacturer and your insurance company to discuss any modifications and check they do not invalidate your warranty or insurance.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms. By using the website you acknowledge that you are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the website through your internet connection are aware of these terms and they comply with them.
Your user content means material (including without limitation text, images, audio material, video material and audio-visual material) that you submit to our website or social media, for whatever purpose. You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your user content in any existing or future media. You also grant to us the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
Your user content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or us or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
You must not submit any user content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
We reserve the right to edit or remove any material submitted to our website, or stored on our servers, or hosted or published upon our website.
Notwithstanding our rights under these terms and conditions in relation to user content, we do not undertake to monitor the submission of such content to, or the publication of such content on, our website.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Cancellation and Return Policy
If you are not totally satisfied with your membership welcome pack and any aspect of the services that we offer, please return your complete welcome pack and membership card with your reasons for cancellation within 14 days from the date of application. We will apply a full refund to either your payment card or by transfer to your Bank Account depending on which method was used for the initial payment.
You can cancel/amend your subscription at any point from within your account, your membership will continue for 1 year from the previous payment date and continue as per the subscription you setup during checkout, normally this is up to 3 years from first signing up, with a payment every year it renews.
If you wish to cancel your subscription please do so before the renewal date to avoid being charged for the next year, if you wish to cancel after a renewal date you must first cancel the subscription from within your account and then contact us if you wish to claim a refund, you have 14 days from the renewal date to request a refund. We will refund the subscription fee you’ve paid minus the fees we’re charged by Stripe (our payment provider), you will lose access to the paid supporter benefits immediately and if you’re a supplier supporter your listing will be removed with immediate effect. If you wish to cancel after 14 days of the renewal we cannot refund any payments.
Membership Pack Delivery/Collection Policy
The majority of the time welcome packs will arrive within 7 working days, however, please allow up to 90 working days in the UK for your personalised membership badge as these are printed in bulk and often delivered at events/meetups.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Tesla Owners UK Limited and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Tesla Owners UK Limited takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its content are copyright of the Tesla Owners’ UK – © Tesla Owners UK Limited 2017. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
CHAdeMO & Cable Rental Agreement
In this CHAdeMO & Cable Rental Agreement (the “CHAdeMO & Cable Rental Agreement”) unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions shall have the following meanings:
“Tesla Owners UK Limited” or “Tesla Owners UK” or “Tesla Owners Group UK” or “us” or “we” or “supplier” refers to Tesla Owners UK Limited whose registered office is Oaklands, St Clere Hill Road, Sevenoaks, TN15 6AH
“Goods” means any CHAdeMO adapter or Xavelec Charging Cable Set together with any accessories, packaging, instructions or other accompanying documents specified in a Contract which are available for hire to a Customer;
“Customer” or “you” means the person, firm, company or other organisation hiring Goods;
“Calendar day” means any day of the calendar week;
- To treat the goods as if they’re your own and to keep them secure at all times.
- To protect the goods from water submersion/damage.
- To return the goods in the same condition in which you received them.
- To inspect the goods before use, if you are not satisfied with the goods or any accessories or if you do not think the condition of the goods is satisfactory, you must notify Tesla Owners UK. In the absence of such notice, it shall be deemed that you received the goods and any accessories in perfect working order.
- To follow the manufacturer’s guidelines on the safe use of the CHAdeMO adapter and learn how to properly use the adapter on this page or the instructions for the cable set.
- To follow the charging guidelines and regulations at any charger.
- To pay all costs associated with the actual connection and charging via this goods (e.g. pay Polar Chargemaster the appropriate fees for your use of their chargers).
- To ensure the adapter and any cables connecting to the adapter are secure, not going to cause alarm, offence or damage to any 3rd party.
- To use the goods solely for the purpose of charging your Tesla Model S or X vehicle
- To pay £10 to have the goods shipped to you.
- To pay £1 for each calendar day you rent the goods.
- To pay £5 extra per rental period.
- To securely ship (with the included cable ties) the adapter and/or cables, all included accessories within the included protective packaging/box back to Tesla Owners UK Limited using Royal Mail Special Delivery or FedEx/UPS next day courier delivery (ensuring it’s suitable insured) or pay £10 for us to arrange collection (this must be done before purchase).
- To pay a £18 late fee for each additional calendar day that you don’t return the goods by.
- To be a UK national that resides in the UK.
- To not sell, rent or dispose of the goods, any of its parts or accessories or the packaging the adapter arrives with. You must not give or try to give anyone the legal rights to the adapter or transfer legal ownership.
- To not let anyone work on, attempt to open or fix the goods without our written permission.
- To ensure you notify Tesla Owners UK Limited as soon as you become aware of any defect with the goods, or if the adapter is stolen or involved in an accident or broken down. Failure to notify may result in you breaking this agreement and liable to paying costs we incur. If a part has broken we will do our best to arrange a replacement unit.
- Unless we have agreed to collect the goods from you, you must return the goods to the location we agreed. You must return any borrowed items including all accessories and packaging at a time and place we agree to. When you return the goods, a representative from Tesla Owners UK Limited must check its condition. If we have agreed to allow you to return the goods outside of our agreed times, you will stay responsible for the goods and its condition until our staff have checked it at the earliest opportunity.
- To ensure the correct return delivery address details are securely fixed to the box along with any required shipping labels.
- To notify Tesla Owners UK Limited if you wish to cancel 14 days or more before the rental period has started (a full refund will be given). We cannot refund if you wish to cancel within 14 days of the rental period as we most likely will have already arranged and paid for shipping, along with the potential of lost income from other rental opportunities.
- To allow Tesla Owners UK Limited to track the location of the goods you have hired with a built-in GPS tracking device, and by agreeing to this agreement you agree that we have your consent to record and use any data we collect. The tracking device will be used to ensure safe and compliant operation of the adapter in line with the terms of this agreement. If the goods are not returned on the agreed date, time and place we will use the data recorded on the device to recover our items.
- To not hold Tesla Owners UK Limited responsible for any misuse or damage caused from the use of this adapter or subsequent loss of time, loss of income or loss of opportunity in relation to the use or improper use of the adapter to either you or a 3rd party.
- To ensure you correctly order the goods via our website.
- In the situation where you fail to return the CHAdeMO adapter along with the accessories and protective box within 15 days of the end of your rental period you will be charged the rental fee (£1 per day), late fees (£18 per day) and lost charger fee (£550). In the situation where you fail to return the Xavelec cable set within 15 days of the end of your rental period you will be charged the rental fee (£1 per day), late fees (£18 per day) and lost cable set fee (£350). To be clear, we do not want to make money this way. Much more important to us is our reputation–we never wish to be in a position where we have to tell the next renter that we don’t have a charger for them. Therefore please be considerate to future renters who are counting on your returning the charger on a timely basis.
- To be responsible for any loss or damage to additional equipment hired at time of rental including but not limited to protective packaging/boxes, leaflets, safety warnings etc, regardless of whether we have charged you for the use of these accessories.
- To be responsible for all charges, even if you have asked someone else to be responsible for them.
- In the event that the rented adapter or cable is stolen, you’re responsible for its replacement cost so please factor this into your car insurance claim/cover. You must tell Tesla Owners UK Limtied as soon as possible and confirm this in writing as soon as reasonably possible. You or any authorised user will also need to: get the names and addresses of any witnesses and give them to us; send us any notices or other documents relating to any legal proceedings arising out of the theft or loss; help us and our insurers in any legal proceedings, including allowing us to take legal action in your name and defending any legal action taken against you; and report the theft or loss to the police as soon as reasonably possible.
- If the adapter is stolen, lost, damaged or involved in an accident you will also be responsible for paying our reasonable administration charges for dealing with this matter. Should we consider damage to the rental adapters or cables to be caused by your gross negligence, serious carelessness, or deliberate misuse, then we reserve the right to recharge the full cost of repairs regardless of the cover that has been taken out. Any call out for a customer induced fault, (e.g. forcing the charging lead incorrectly into the adapter) could lead to additional charges being applied to the rental agreement.
- If you are involved in an accident, you must not admit that you are responsible. You should describe the situation as fully as possible when you are asked to do so by the police and Tesla Owners UK Limited. You should get the names and addresses of everyone involved, including witnesses. You should also: make sure the adapter is secure and safe; tell the police straight away if anyone is injured or if there is a disagreement over who is responsible; and contact Tesla Owners UK Limited straight away.
- To pay all outstanding charges immediately to Tesla Owners UK Limited.
- If you are leaving for a full week and want the peace of mind of having your charger/adapter arrive the day prior to your trip, or perhaps your trip may extend over a weekend, we suggest you consider adding an extra day or two at point of rental to receive the best value. Note the daily rental rates (£1 or less) are considerably less than the late fees (£18/day).
We aim to deal with all disagreements fairly and calmly. If we cannot deal with a disagreement, we may settle in the UK courts. This agreement contains all the conditions which we have agreed and replaces any written or verbal agreements we have with you.