Tesla Owners’ UK is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Tesla Owners’ UK may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 28th August 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name & Company Name
- Vehicle details (including VIN, registration plate, model type)
- Information relating to shop orders (e.g. clothing sizes etc)
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather & the legal basis for collecting and holding your information
The basis on which we process your personal data is a legal obligation, your consent or our legitimate interest. In the case of our legitimate interests to process your personal data we are required to ensure that our interests are balanced against yours.
We use legitimate interest for the following activities and we require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Maintaining a record of your relationship with Tesla Owners UK Ltd
- Communications by mail / phone or social media
- Data cleaning (ensuring your contact information is up-to-date)
- Confirming Tesla ownership with Tesla UK.
- Fulfil product order requests
- To improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes or for consultations in relation to your experience with Tesla Owners’ UK only. We may contact you by email, phone or post. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To prevent banned members / or non-owners from rejoining under a pseudonym
Help with privately contacting you should a public or private photo of your car be posted that shows the car indirect trouble without your knowledge (e.g. window left open / smashed into in a car park / blocking a rapid charger that has members of the public targeting/threatening the owner/car).
Validate that future owners are not using a stolen vehicle or a VIN owned by someone else to gain access to our private discussion groups
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Who do we share your information with?
Your data is not shared, sold, rented or given to any other 3rd party nor can any director, moderator or member of the group use it for any other purpose but to offer services from Tesla Owners UK Limited, the two exceptions to this rule is when the information you shared to gain access to the discussion group or this website is used to confirm ownership of a Tesla vehicle with Tesla UK or if we’re required to do so by law.
The data that is shared with Tesla UK for confirming of Tesla ownership consists of:
- Full name
- Vehicle VIN or Order RN number (if entered during application)
- Application notes (e.g. Model S, CPO on order due for delivery on X date)
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- You can opt-out of any emails and/or marketing by either using the ‘unsubscribe’ link which will be on any marketing emails, or by emailing us at admin[at]teslaownersgroup.co.uk
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Tesla Owners UK Limited, Ashwood House, 1 Midsummer Dr, Grendon Underwood, Aylesbury HP18 0XH
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. The file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to member needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Cookies are also used to save your shopping basket information prior to ordering.