We’ve continued to grow from strength to strength in the past couple of years, we now have close to 40% of all Tesla owners in the UK within our discussion groups and accessing our website each week.
Obviously, lots of companies would love to actively promote to our members but we think it’s important that we as a group decide who should be on an approved supplier list so we can contact those companies instead of those companies trying to contact us.
The ‘Approved Supplier List’ is live on this link but if you run a company that is within one of these categories:
- Accident Management Companies
- Apps / Software
- Ceramic Coatings, Car Detailing & Paint Correction
- Charging Accessories
- Dash Camera & Accessories Installers
- Home CCTV Installers
- Home Charger Installer
- Solar / Powerwall / Electrician
- Tesla Accessories
- Tesla Car Insurance
- Tesla Destination Chargers
- Tesla Rental
- Tesla Repairs
- Tesla Resale
- Tesla Superchargers
- Tesla Taxi / Chauffeur services
- Tyre Suppliers
- Valet Parking
- Vehicle Customisation
- Wheel refurbishment/kerb damage repair
You may apply to join the Approved Supplier Directory
How do I get listed?
- Become a supplier supporter of the group
- Important: Ensure you have at least two independent Tesla owners willing to vouch for your business – You will need to get them to email us after you’ve signed up
- Add your directory listing or claim your existing one (small additional fee) – You have the option of featuring your listing for a 3 month period for a fee.
- Await for manual approval
- Ensure two independent Tesla owners willing to vouch for your business email admin[at]teslaownersgroup.co.uk with the following:
- Provide proof that they’re owners (photos / serial numbers / VIN)
- Confirm whether they’re members of https://www.facebook.com/groups/teslaownersuk/ or not
- Confirmation they’re happy and would recommend your services to other owners
- Confirmation they’re happy for their name to be on our website confirming the above
How do I amend a listing?
- Become a supplier supporter of the group
- Go to the directory and find your listing
- Press ‘Claim your listing’ (small additional fee)
- Enter your details
- Select whether you want to buy a ‘featured listing’ package or simply ‘Claim and modify your listing’
- Amend your listing as required
Note: If your listing change is due to an error by the person originally adding it to the directory please contact a moderator to amend your listing FOC.
How many owners will see my listing?
We have over 3000 members in our discussion group, all have confirmed their VINs so are genuine owners. This website gathers ~10,000 unique visitors a week. A video from a recent meetup:
How do I get more exposure to Tesla owners?
Once you’ve become a supporter of the group we give you the option to upgrade your listing to a ‘Featured listing’. This offers various perks that will increase your exposure to Tesla owners.
A minimum of two independent Tesla owners are required to have used your product or service and be willing to recommend you/them before you can accepted into the Approved Supplier list.
Any supplier found to be attempting to exploit the good nature of our discussion group and directory will be removed with immediate effect.
It must be made clear that this directory &/or your listing on the directory is not linked with Tesla Inc, Tesla Motors Limited or any other subsidiary, you shall not make reference to you being failure to adhere to this rule will give us no other option but to immediate remove you from the directory (including any reviews) and no refund on any payments made.
What happens to the money?
It will be used to grow the group or put on other social Tesla Owners UK events as per our primary goals, nobody is profiting from the supporters. We’ve recently placed an order for 4 large event flags, an event gazebo is the next purchase and we will continue to use supporter money to hit our goals & help fund future costs.
In short, no money will be sat wasted and the more paid supporters we get the more items we can consider for future welcome packs, if we have a very healthy uptake we may be able to reduce the yearly supporter fees and/or offer extra benefits including free CHAdeMO adapter rental. We’re open to your suggestions.
The suggested supporter fees are in line with other groups in Europe.
Are the President & moderators sat on a beach watching the money just roll in?
I wish! We’re currently all unpaid volunteers that have other day jobs, Tesla is our passion but we’ve spent a lot of time and our own money creating these welcome packs, this website and formalising the group to ensure the group as a whole can continue to grow and thrive. As I’m sure you can imagine a lot happens behind the scenes to keep the group running smoothly. We hope you support us with our mission by purchasing a welcome pack & becoming a yearly supporter.
On a serious note, all expenditure is accounted for and once the board of directors is approved our yearly expenditure will be viewable to all paid supporters. All directors will pay the same supporter fees & a strict expenses policy will be in place to ensure we cannot waste supporter money on frivolous expenditure.
In the unlikely event, the Limited company cannot continue for any reason any monies owed will be paid and the rest will be donated to a suitable road safety charity.
Why doesn’t Tesla fund this?
In short, it’s not something they’re willing to offer and I’m not sure we would accept it even if they did offer, by being self-funding it ensures that we continue to be independent which I believe is vital.
Do you store my debit/credit card details?
No debit/credit card information is ever stored on our servers. We use Stripe.com, one of the most secure and reputable payment processors available. All card numbers are encrypted on disk with AES-256 and decryption keys are stored on separate machines. None of Stripe’s internal servers and daemons are able to obtain plaintext card numbers; instead, they can just request that cards be sent to a service provider on a static whitelist.
Stripe’s infrastructure for storing, decrypting, and transmitting card numbers runs in separate hosting infrastructure and doesn’t share any credentials with Stripe’s primary services (API, website, etc.) For more information, you can visit Stripe’s security policy right here!
In other words, your debit/credit card details are safe!