Tesla Owners UK’s mission is to advance Tesla’s mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy whilst also pushing Tesla to improve, change and react to our needs by empowering our members through active discussions, problem-solving and social events.
Purpose & Aims of the Club:
- To operate a Members’ Club
- To support and represent owners and users of Tesla products in the UK
- To coordinate communications with Tesla for and on behalf of Members
- To foster good relations between Members, staff, and other supporters of Tesla, and other parties who seek to achieve similar aims and purposes to the Club
- To promote the uptake and adoption of electric vehicles, renewable or low-carbon energy, and the transition towards zero carbon living, for residents and businesses in the UK
- To coordinate fundraising and charitable acts, on behalf of Members.
Tesla Owners UK was founded in 2014 by a group of Tesla owners and advocates that wanted to get the most out of their vehicles whilst also supporting the Tesla mission, since then we’ve grown to nearly 10,000 members and in 2016 we were recognised by Tesla as the official Tesla Owners Club for the UK.
One of the keys to our success has been our discussion platforms, primarily Tesla Owners Group UK, this fun and lighthearted community of owners is one of the most active and engaging Tesla communities in the world, each year we see ~30,000 posts, ~450,000 comments and ~750,000 reactions on this group alone but all this discussion isn’t just to help each other out, we have nearly 200 members of the Tesla team within our discussion groups watching and escalating concerns, not only that but we provide feedback and support directly to Tesla in the form of:
- Quarterly meetings with the UK management staff
- Support at events (e.g. Our 10,000 test rides at Silverstone)
- Annual meetings with Tesla US teams and other clubs across the globe
- Support at car handover events
- Annual meetings with Tesla EMEA teams and other clubs across Europe
- Exclusive access & support at selected Tesla events
- Direct contact with top-level staff where required
- Escalation requests within EMEA for any major concerns
This feedback has lead to some key changes within Tesla (some of which are listed here), we also have similar meetings with Government officials and provide our members with an Advocacy platform where we support members wishes to help fight FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt) and to help push for local and national change.
We have a team of 12 elected volunteer committee members who manage the day to day running of the club in line with our mission and our club rules. We have a team of content creators and mentors that pass on their up to 10+ years of Tesla expertise and experience via our Mentorship Scheme or guides section on the website.
Another important aspect of Tesla Owners UK is our charity efforts, to date, we’ve raised over £100,000 from our members, Elon Musk and the British public to help with the purchasing and donating of toy Tesla RadioFlyer cars to children’s hospices and hospitals across the UK and Europe, alongside other charity efforts across the UK.
Like any volunteer organisation, we have running costs that need to be paid for (details of which are provided to our supporters each year) and therefore we offer a supporter pack to offset these costs, this also provides you with various additional benefits, which are designed to offset the cost of membership each year.